As in today’s generation diabetes is one of the most common diseases in the world. Diabetes or simply known as blood sugar is a metabolic disease in which it impairs the body’s ability to process blood glucose. The body of the diabetic person either does not make enough insulin or can’t use it effectively
Also Read : Best Blood pressure monitor in India
In the world, the estimated number of people who are suffering from this disease is from 18 years of age. Approximately 463 million people are living with this disease(2019); which will rise up to 700 million by 2045.
Without careful management and proper diet, diabetes can lead to a buildup of sugars levels in the blood of diabetic patients, which can further increase the risk of many other diseases and problems, including stroke and heart problems and it can also cause damage to your organs.
There are two different reasons why a person suffer from this disease-
1. if he /she is overweight or leading an inactive lifestyle .
2. Some people inherit this disease from their forefathers. In fact, in some people, they are present from childhood
There are three types of diabetes that can be developed in a person — Type 1, type 2, and gestational diabetes.
- Type I diabetes🙁 juvenile diabetes), This type of diabetes occurs in a person when the body is not able to produce insulin. So people with type I diabetes are required to take artificial insulin daily
2. Type 2 diabetes: In type2 diabetes, the body is able to make insulin but it affects the way in which the body uses insulin. In other words, type2 diabetes hinders the work of insulin hormone Therefore the cells in the body are not able to respond to it effectively
3.Gestational diabetes: This type of diabetes develops in women during the time of pregnancy when the body can become less sensitive to insulin. Gestational diabetes develops in some women only it does not develop in all and this diabetes usually resolves after delivery.
Some other less common diabetes are –
1. monogenic diabetes
2.cystic fibrosis-related diabetes.
In this article, we have listed some of the best, convenient and accurate Glucometers that you can buy in 2020 based on expert opinion and customer review.
Dr. Morepen BG-03 Glucometer
Dr. Morepen blood glucose monitor model bg 03 is a smart and convenient glucose monitor that helps you measure your blood glucose levels accurately, quickly, and comfortably.
As Dr. Morepen BG-03 glucose meter comes with 300 memories. This glucose meter takes only 0.5µL blood for testing. This glucose meter buzzes the sound when the device is turned on and when the test is completed.
The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on this glucometer. So use it wisely to know the accurate readings of sugar levels in the blood
This glucometer is best, accurate, and easy to use. And also comes at a reasonable price. The Morepen BG-03 Glucose meter has 1400+ reviews and good ratings.
Note: The readings from the glucose meter are only for general information and not a substitute for medical examination from registered diagnostic centers
If you are looking to buy extra strips Dr. Morepen BG-03 Test Strips. It comes with 50 test strips that just need a small blood sample for testing the sugar levels.
Included Components in box
- Dr. Morepen Gluco One BG-03 Gluco Meter
- 10 lancets
- Plastic case
- Lancing device
- 25 Test Strips (FREE)
- Only 0.5µl blood required for testing.
- Lifetime warranty offered by the manufacturer.
- Beeper alert system.
- Pack of 25 test strips included with this glucose meter.
- It comes at a reasonable price as compared to others.
- Accurate and ergonomic design.
- Design quality can be improved.
Accu-Check Instant Blood Glucose Monitor
Accu-Check Instant Blood Glucose Monitor is another accurate and best-selling glucose meter in India. As compared to other glucose meters it is best for self-testing and provides accurate results within 4 seconds.
Accu-Check Instant Blood Glucose Monitor comes with a pack of 10 test strips. This glucometer stores to a maximum of 750 samples. Additionally, the glucometer comes with a nifty feature that transfers recorded quantities to tablets, PCs, mobiles, etc.
This glucometer has 9 color indicators that describe the result of the test. That is red for low, green for normal and blue for high.
The overall performance of the Accu-Check Glucometer is good and acceptable. But, this glucometer needs to code every time you use new test strips. So it can be a little complicated for some people.
Included Components in box :
- Accu-Check Instant Blood Glucose
- Lancing device
- Plastic case
- 10 test strips (FREE)
- Easy to handle.
- Clever functionality.
- Gives accurate results.
- Maximum of 750 test samples.
- Suitable for only self-testing.
- Target range indicator with 9 color options.
- Less number of test strips.
One Touch Select Simple Glucometer
One-Touch Select Glucometer comes with a visual and audio alert system that will notify on the basis of blood glucose level that is too high or low. This One Touch Glucometer is very easy to use and provides accurate results in just 5 seconds.
In this Glucometer, the front side of the meter, there is two indicators that are – red and blue color indicators. Blue indicates indicate for low sugar levels and red indicators indicate for high sugar level. You need to consult a doctor when the red indicator indicates. As this Glucometer has lithium cell battery for a better and convenient experience.
This Glucometer is very easy to operate since it has an icon-driven interface with no setup, no coding, or no buttons present. Usually, it comes with 10 test strips with this pack you can order separately if you needed more.
Checking glucose level is easy with this Glucosemeter, simply insert the strip into the meter and place the blood sample. It will provide you accurate results in no time. And also alerts you in low battery.
The major disadvantage of using this Glucometer is that it does not have a memory function. So, there is no option to record or store the previous recordings in this device.
Included Component in box:
- One touch glucometer
- Lancing device
- Carrying case
- Sterile lancets
- 10 Test Strips (FREE)
- Starter guide
- Sound alert system.
- Very easy to operate
- Coding is not required.
- Compact and slim design.
- Alert you when the sugar level is extremely high or low.
- Lifetime replacement option.
- No memory storage feature available.
Dr. Trust Glucometer Machine
Dr. Trust fully automated blood sugar testing glucometer from the USA. This device is completely automated with a large LCD display to make testing less painful and effortless.
Just like other good glucometers, this device displays results in 5 seconds. This device comes with a memory of 1000 readings.
Coming to the physical attributes of the device, the glucometer has an LCD screen with backlight to make it easier for consumers to read them at the night. The one-push strip ejection button keeps hygiene in check.
In this Glucometer, tested strips can be disposed of without touching strips. There no coding needed with features that give you accurate readings.
Included Component in Box:
- Dr. Trust Glucometer device
- 10 Testing Strips (FREE)
- 2 AAA Battery
- Lancing device
- User Manual
- Carry case
- 10 Lancet
- 1-year warranty which can be extended to 6 months more (by registering on website within 15 days of purchase)
- Fully automated features
- LCD screen with backlight
- Accurate readings
- Easy to handle
- Requires the only 0.5µl of the blood sample
- Alternative site testing
- No coding needed.
- The settings and features might confuse some consumers.
- The strips are expensive for this device.
Ways to control high sugar level
Ways to control high Blood Pressure BP
- Take healthy and balanced diet
Add only those food in your diet that is low in fat, salt, and sugar. And high in fiber like beans, fruits, and vegetables.
- If you intake insulin
- Give yourself an insulin shot regularly.
- Eat the same amount of food at the same time daily. Don’t skip the meals.
- If you don’t use insulin
- Follow your balanced diet chart.
- Don’t skip meals when you have taken the pills.
- Do regular exercise and yoga.
Doing exercise and yoga regularly can lower your high Blood Pressue.
- Take your medicine daily
Don’t skip your medicine. Take your medicine every day as prescribed by the doctor.
- Test your blood sugar daily
So that you can manage your diet and medicine accordingly.
- See your doctor regularly
So that he can change your medicine accordingly to your reports.